Monday, May 22, 2006


It´s hard to believe I´ve already been settled in my site for a month now. I´m pretty accustomed to the sights of sounds of the ´big´city of La Esperanza. The rains are starting to come, which is good because it gives my eyes a break from the dust, but it´s not a whole lot of fun walking in the pouring rain either. I´ve had a plethora of experiences already in the first month, from teaching physics in Spanish to translating for a dentist extracting teeth to examining water systems for expansion. I am now a pro (más o menos) at maneuvering over, under, or through barbed wired fences.

2 comments:

La Gringa said...

Maryanne, I enjoyed your blog. I am also an American living in Honduras. It's tough sometimes.

lagringasblogicito.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

La Esp was great. I did my FBT there and spent a lot of time visiting. My favorite thing, aside from the mercado, was when moras were in season. Jugo de moras was my favorite.