Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Uninvited Guest
Last Thursday, after having some friends over for dinner, I was going to watch the dishes when I noticed an unwanted helper. After a slight alarm, I brought the cat over to chase the tarantula next to my sink and eventually managed to get it outside.

It’s been a while since I last updated my blog. Now I have just over 2 months left of my Peace Corps service in Honduras. From there I’m going traveling around Latin America for a few months, and then probably back to the United States to work. I’ve had a great experience here and I know I’m going to miss many things, but I think I’m ready to move on to the next adventure, wherever that will be. I’ve done some decent work and learned a lot about myself and the world, but there have also been many frustrations. I wonder if anything I did will really have a positive long-term effect. But it's been a fun time and I've met lots of great people and had great experiences and I'm glad I did it. And I still have a couple more months to finish everything.

No comments: